"I feel like I can't talk any louder" -Kaleigh, Junior Year

"Can you hear her on the other side of the room?" -Ms. Serensky,
biweekly


Thursday, April 21, 2011

This is Just to Say...

This Is Just to Say

I love this poem
more than
all the rest
of the poems

I loved
the new versions
we wrote
“What a lesson” (Wilde 26)

Forgive me
our Cassio poem
shocked
and offended

It was truly an “intellectual pleasure” to compose a version of this poem from Cassio’s point of view; I had so much fun writing it with my group (Wilde 21). Unfortunately, when we read it, we got some looks of shock and dismay from the class at large, maybe it was our description of Cassio’s “friend” Bianca. Regardless of the lack of critical acclaim, it was one of those rare occasions where you could be “utterly absurd” and still learn (Wilde 30).

Bianca and Cassio

2 comments:

  1. Kaleigh, I liked your version of the first poem we did in AP English! It was very creative. Also, considering your Cassio poem, is this the one that Ms. Serensky was talking about this past week that made no sense but you guys kept laughing? Because if it is, can you please bring it to English so I can read it? I am very curious to see what this is all about...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaleigh, I too found your own version very creative and crafty. I wish I had the same gift for poetry but for me it just does not come as easily. Also, I really liked your choice of "This is Just to Say" as your favorite poem because it so short and sweet. Also, the quotes that you incorporate flow so easily. Please post the original poem so we can see it again and try to make some sense of it!

    ReplyDelete