"I feel like I can't talk any louder" -Kaleigh, Junior Year

"Can you hear her on the other side of the room?" -Ms. Serensky,
biweekly


Monday, May 9, 2011

So Long, Farewell

If we all decided to perform an impromptu musical number on the last day of school and the cast from The Sound of Music dropped by, this is probably what would happen…
(All students)
There's a sad sort of clanging
From the bells in the hall
And the bells in the shared space, too
And up in the ward
An absurd little bird
Is popping out to say coo-coo
(Coo-coo, coo-coo)

(Brigitta, Gretel, Marta) (Fredrick, Leisel, Kurt, Louisa)
coo-coo Regretfully it tells us
coo-coo But firmly it compels us
to say goodbye
coo-coo
(All)
To School

(Students)
So long, farewell
Auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
(Marta)
I hate to go and leave Serensky’s sight

(Students)
So long, farewell
Auf Wiedersehen, adieu
(Fredrick)
Adieu, adieu
To you and you and you

(Students)
So long, farewell
Au revoir, Auf Weidersehen
(Leisel)
I'd like to stay
Now could that be arranged?
(Talking to the Ms. Serensky) yes?
(Ms. Serensky) no!

(Students)
So long, farewell
Auf Weidersehen, goodbye
(Kurt)
I leave and heave
A sigh and say goodbye
Goodbye

(Brigitta)
I'm glad to go
I cannot tell a lie
(Louisa)
I drop, my books
I quickly flee, I fly

(Gretel)
The seniors have gone
To Springfest and so must I

(Students) So long, farewell
Auf Weidersehen, goodbye

Goodbye
Goodbye
Goodbye



2 comments:

  1. Kaleigh, I really like this blog. It is funny imagining the entire class singing to Ms. Serensky. I think it covers the wide range of emotions which we all feel about leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaleigh, you are so clever! A natural genuis with so many good blog ideas(the natural genius also implying that you do not have to study for the AP Biology test to get a 5!) You should probably sing to her now. I will not be joining you only due to the fact that I do not sing in public, better yet the confines of my own home!

    ReplyDelete